- Arts/Humanities/Cultural Activities
- Educational/Instructional Technology
- Foreign Languages Education
- French Language/Literature
- History & Appreciation of Art
- Italian History
- Italian Language/Literature
- Language Acquisition and Development
- Language and/or Literature
- Language and/or Literature, Fiction
- Second Language Acquisition
ITAL 1010 - Beginning Italian 1
Primary Instructor - Spring 2018 / Fall 2018 / Fall 2019 / Spring 2020 / Fall 2021
The four skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing are progressively developed in a predominantly oral presentation. Grammatical concepts are explained and practiced through dialogues, written exercises, and conversations. The cultural focus is on the personal world and life of students. Degree credit not granted for this course and ITAL 1050.
ITAL 1020 - Beginning Italian 2
Primary Instructor - Spring 2018 / Spring 2019 / Fall 2019 / Spring 2020 / Fall 2020 / Spring 2021
Continuation of ITAL 1010, with more difficult grammatical concepts explored. The cultural focus shifts to social and civic areas. Credit not granted for this course and ITAL 1050.
ITAL 2110 - Intermediate Italian Reading, Grammar, and Composition 1
Primary Instructor - Spring 2018 / Fall 2018 / Spring 2019 / Spring 2020 / Fall 2020 / Spring 2021 / Fall 2021
Enhances the skills learned in the first-year course and develops greater fluency in understanding and speaking. More emphasis is placed on reading and writing through the use of activities featuring cultural themes that present a realistic portrait of contemporary Italy. Taught in Italian.